HPCC Job Posting – Administrative Assistant
Reports To: The Mill Manager, Office Coordinator & BookkeeperJob Overview:Harrop Procter Community Co-operative is looking for an organized, self-motivated Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to our Mill Manager, Office Coordinator and Bookkeeper. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with our team by handling clerical duties, answering phones and helping with invoicing.This is a temporary, part-time position for 6 months (3 days/week, 8 hr/day) with a potential for long-term employment. The successful applicant will be detail-oriented, professional, with good customer relations skills, and excellent written and verbal communications abilities.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Welcoming visitors at the mill and directing them to the relevant personnel.
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing and maintaining documents (e.g. membership lists).
- Performing bookkeeping support tasks such as inputting invoices into Sage.
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files relating to the company’s operations.
- Coordinating and preparing for the Annual General Meeting.
- Purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service experience
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license (with access to a vehicle)
- Knowledge of wood products is a benefit.
Salary Range: $19.00 / hrPlease submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8th, 2021.Interviews will commence early next year.